I participated in http://www.thespottedbox.etsy.com/ this month and I am also participating next month. (please see post about it) I received my box today!!!! It went on sale Wednesday at noon and I had mine by 1:30 p.m. Friday. That is some seriously quick shipping!!!!
So, I am going to start listing what is my box (they all have different sets of samples) and what I think of it etc...
1. a great pair of breast pads (for nursing mothers) made of some excellent soft comfy absorbent fabric. They are from http://www.weeones.biz/ That is not all they sell. They attached a 10% off coupon. (CAN'T USE)
2. A sample of relaxing lavender bath salts, enough for a good one time soak. It was triple bagged so that it didn't interfere with anything else. that was from http://www.glorybeherbals.etsy.com/ (I CAN USE THIS)
3. capsule of knitters balm sample. This should be plenty for both hands after a good knitting session. That was from: http://hyenacart.com/clearhillshoney (I CAN USE THIS)
4. From Lil' Outlaws came a sample of their watermelon pail pardner. Which I assume is a watermelon smelling baking soda mixture to keep the diaper pail from stinking to high heaven. http://www.liloutlaws.net/ (CAN'T USE) Okay so maybe I can use this, I have been told to put it in the bottom of my trashcan to keep it smelling good!
5. Creative Mama Congo sent a double layer wool booster. It is meant to be used with your cloth diapers for extra absorbency. http://hyenacart.com/creativemamas It looks really well made. (CAN'T USE)
6. a homemade heart shaped crayon from http://www.sygnetcreations.etsy.com/ It also included a little scrap pad and a coupon for 20% off. (I love coupons) (I CAN USE THIS)
7. a super soft wipe/washcloth from http://www.snozzberriesndreams.com/ and a 15% off coupon. (I CAN USE THIS)
8. 1 fl oz. of european bath salts from http://www.thesweetunfolding.com/ comes in a nice little bottle with a cute label (I CAN USE THIS) There was a coupon at the bottom of the box!
9. a jack o lantern felt play food sugar cookie from http://www.thelittlelovebug.etsy.com/ with a coupon for free shipping (I CAN USE THIS)
10. A really great bib in blue and it is super soft from http://www.smallwonderswipes.com/ and a coupon for 5% off (I CAN USE THIS)
11. http://www.flutterbyedreams.etsy.com/ sent a felt heart shaped sugar cookie, could also be used as an ornament. very nice! (I CAN USE THIS)
12. 3d~deebleDdo sent an oatmeal and goatsmilk soap sample (I CAN USE THIS) need their website!
13. http://www.frostfishcovesoaps.com/ sent a sample jar of their vegan vanilla lavender supernatural lotion. It looks nice and creamy and smells good (I CAN USE THIS)
I looked at their website and they have gorgeous soaps. Plus, they have one to fight against yeast!!!! that sounds great.
14. http://www.catharticslant.etsy.com/ sent a recycled card with envelope and a tag. This will be great for the next birthday gift I have to send. (I CAN USE THIS)
15. http://www.earthbabyboutique.etsy.com/ sent some of their laundry soap. Looks like a couple of loads. You only use a tablespoon at a time. (I CAN USE THIS)
16. http://www.kardkreations.etsy.com/ sent a very pretty handmade birthday card with fancy edging and organza ribbon, it came with an envelope (I CAN USE THIS)
17. http://www.fishnoodles.com/ sent 2 iron on patches with owls. I really dig this fabric and will have to find some for my own products! (I CAN USE THIS)
18. http://www.crunchyclean.etsy.com/ sent a sample of their cherry almond scent cloth diaper detergent (I CAN USE THIS) I will probably just throw this in with the whites since I don't do cloth diapers.
19. a $5 gift certificate to http://www.thebasicbaby.com/ I will have to go check out their website
20. very cute ducks and rain drops bath confetti from www.sassyscrubsandsuch.etsy.com, I don't see a website, hmmmmm something I will have to look up with my yahoo group. (I CAN USE THIS) as you can see I looked up the website and they had a ton of great stuff! I like the stars and moon bath confetti for my son. I have been collecting stars and moon items for his bath time. They also had princess crown bath fizzies that looked fun!
21. www.hyenacart.com/canoecreeksoapco sent a great smelling soap sample it is their green apple and pomegranate goats milk soap. (I CAN USE THIS) I'm not the only one loving on this scent!
22. a very pretty flower photo from http://www.smallmoments.etsy.com/ (I CAN USE THIS)
23. A bookmark from www.markmywords.etsy.com (I CAN USE THIS)
24. a cute print from http://www.joannagoldman.com/ and a coupon for free shipping (I CAN USE THIS) she is also on etsy and has a blog
25. a breast pad with pretty fabric from www.hyenacart.com/ellagene (CAN"T USE)
some one said maybe it is a face cloth, for removing makeup??? not sure. If anyone knows, please tell.
there were a few other coupons at the bottom of the box and I just put everything back in so I will have to dig them out again later!!!!
okay, not bad! Out of 25 samples I can use 20 of them and 1 of them is a gift certificate, so I will have to go check the store out. and just because I can't use something doesn't mean it isn't great. If you want to trade me feel free to comment or convo on my website.
I will be continuing this blog post next time. when I have enough time to try stuff and to look at websites. Of course you all are welcome to go take a peek at the sites!!!!